Juicy Sautéed Beef with Vegetables
- 8 onz. Beef tenderloin cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 pcs Onion chopped
- 1 pcs Clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp Ginger root minced fresh
- 1 pcs Green bell pepper chopped
- 1 pcs Carrot chopped
- 10.5 onz Beef broth
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp White sugar
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté beef slices in oil for 5 minutes or until well browned. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and sauté for a further 5 minutes. Then add the green pepper, carrot and beef broth. Reduce heat to low and let simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a separate small bowl, combine the cornmeal, sugar, soy sauce, and oyster sauce, if desired. Stir well, forming a smooth paste. Add this slowly to the simmering beef and vegetables, give it a good stir and let it cook over the desired heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.