White Bean Soup
A delicious recipe from our beloved typical cuisine
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 pza Onion chopped
- 1 bunch Celery chopped
- 1 pza Clove garlic minced
- 16 ounce Cans navy beans rinsed and drained
- 1 pza chicken broth seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- 2 cups Water
- 1 bunch fresh spinach rinsed and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- In a large pot, heat the oil. Cook onion and celery over medium heat 5 to 8 minutes or until tender. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously. Add beans, chicken broth, pepper, thyme, and 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Spoon 2 cups of the bean-vegetable mixture from the soup and set aside.In blender on low speed, blend remaining soup in small batches until smooth (we recommend removing center piece from blender lid to allow steam to escape). Once mixed, pour the soup into a pot and add the reserved beans.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Add spinach and cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts. Stir in lemon juice and remove from heat and serve with fresh grated Parmesan cheese on top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!