Baked stuffed turkey
Baked stuffed turkey | prepare this wonderful recipe ideal for a good Christmas dinner
- 1 pza Whole turkey (18 lbs) neck and giblets removed
- 2 cup Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter melted
- 2 pzas Large Onions peeled and chopped
- 4 pzas Carrots peeled and chopped
- 4 pzas Stalks of celery minced
- 2 springs Thyme fresh
- 1 pza Bay leaf
- 1 cup white wine
- Rub the turkey inside and out with the salt. Place the bird in a large pot, and cover with cold water. Place in the refrigerator and let the turkey soak in the salt and water mixture for 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Rinse turkey well and discard salt mixture.
- Brush the turkey with 1/2 the melted butter. Place breast side down on a roasting rack in a shallow pan. Fill the internal cavity of the turkey with 1 onion, 1/2 carrots, 1/2 celery, 1 sprig of thyme and the bay leaf. Sprinkle the remaining vegetables and thyme over the bottom of the pan and bathe in the white wine.
- Bake the turkey for 3 1/2 to 4 hours in the oven, until the internal temperature of the thigh reaches 180 degrees Fahrenheit (85 degrees Celsius). Carefully turn the turkey breast up about 2/3 during the roasting time, and drizzle in the remaining butter. Let the bird rest for about 30 minutes before cutting to allow the flavors to concentrate.
A perfectly seasoned and juicy turkey. Use your own taste for the amounts of vegetables. Usually the more the better!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!