The most exquisite of these meatballs is their incredible sauce that combines with any accompaniment.
- 1/3 cup Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 pza Onion diced
- 1 pound Ground pork
- 2 pzas Eggs
- 1/4 bunch Fresh parsley minced
- 3 pzas Garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Red bell peppers
- 1 tsp Dried Italian herb seasoning
- 2 tbs Grated Parmesan cheese
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray. Soak the meat broth breadcrumbs in a small bowl for 20 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the onions in hot oil until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Combine the beef and pork in a large bowl. Mix together the onion, breadcrumb mix, eggs, parsley, garlic, salt, black pepper, red bell peppers, Italian herb seasoning, and Parmesan cheese.in the meat mixture with a rubber spatula until combined. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celsius). With wet hands, shape meatballs into balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Place on a prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
Homemade meatballs are so easy to make , and since we skip the very messy step of frying them before they get into the sauce, it gets pretty simple. Here I use a standard half beef / half pork mix. You can Substitute the water for beef broth if you prefer.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!